Monday, January 19, 2009

A little something about myself

My name is Marta. I am 20 years old and currently a sophomore. I am going for Occupational Therapy and I apply to the School of Pharmacy next winter. I am an international student here at Wayne State University. I am originally from Poland, but i have moved around quite a bit. I have lived in the United States since i was a Freshmen in high school. My dad use to work here, but because his job requires him to move a lot so my parents moved back to Poland when i first started college. I am here all by myself, with no family, but thankfully lots of friend.


My parents use to live in Iraq, as did I as a baby, but do to the war we had to move back to Poland. I spent 9 years of my life there. When i was in 4th grade my foamy moved to Frankfurt, Germany. I went to an international school there for 5 years and spent some of my best years there. I got to travel a lot and meet people from all over the world. I think having lived there for 5 years and doing most of my growing up there and meeting so many people there that had the same situation as me and my family, it has made me the person i am today. After that we ended up here in Michigan. At first it was a complete culture shock for me. Everything was different, the people, the culture, the way of life. It look me a god year and a half to get use to it, but now i like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment